When you are going to start troubleshooting to data damage, be cautious that you have the following options for First of all restore a recent backup file (if you do it, you should re-enter all transactions entered since the backup was made) then create a new company file (the QuickBooks marketplace has the utilities to assist you with reentering data).
When you think that troubleshooting basic data damage, you need to do the next mentioned things:
• Open QuickBooks on the computer where the real company data file is stored.
• Then run to verify/rebuild utilities on the same computer where the files are already saved.
• By running these utilities over the network can cause additional issues.
• After that, switch to the Single-user mode from the file menu, then click the switch button to single-user mode and create a backup of the company file.
• Thereafter, log into the company file as an admin user.
If any issue is faced by you then you can contact to QuickBooks support » team@ 1 ( 877 ) 227 2303.